Welcome to the second part of episode #8 of Project Wideawake.
Why two parts? It’s a long story, but the tl;dr version is this: it’s been three years since I’ve done a podcast, so I decided for this first one to recap some of my favorite songs from the first seven episodes. Turns out there were 12 of them, which made for a mighty long podcast. The choice was to either dump some of the songs, or break this podcast into two parts. Guess which one I chose.
The first part of episode #8 is 39 minutes and 41 seconds long and weighs in at exactly 36.3 megabytes, although your mileage may vary. If you look at part 1, I have obviously recycled some numerals.
Here’s an interesting fact I want to repeat: This is the first podcast that I produced and edited entirely in Audacity. I would like to take a moment to thank the Audacity team for building an application that lets people like me produce a podcast. Without FOSS software, I would have to spend hundreds or even thousands of dollars on sound-editing software, and needless to say, this podcast (and many others out there) simply wouldn’t exist. So thank you for all your hard work and dedication.
- “Popcorn” by TenPenny Joke (website MySpace)
- “Velvet Embracer” by Diablo Swing Orchestra (website Facebook)
- “Dropping Out of School” by Brad Sucks (website)
- “Naked as a Star” by Steve Kilbey and Martin Kennedy (website Facebook BandCamp)
- “Canada Loves You” by Rubber Clown Car (website MySpace Twitter)
- “We Are All Bears” by Tinyfolk (MySpace)
- Jamendo: www.jamendo.com
- Music Alley: www.musicalley.com
- Free Music Archive: www.freemusicarchive.org
What are you waiting for? Click that play button right now!
If you missed part 1, you can find it here.© 2017 Kenneth John OdlePermalink for this article: