Welcome to the first part of episode #8 of Project Wideawake.
Why two parts? It’s a long story, but the tl;dr version is this: it’s been three years since I’ve done a podcast, so I decided for this first one to recap some of my favorite songs from the first seven episodes. Turns out there were 12 of them, which made for a mighty long podcast. The choice was to either dump some of the songs, or break this podcast into two parts. Guess which one I chose.
The first part of episode #8 is 49 minutes and 11 seconds long and weighs in at exactly 45.0 megabytes, although your mileage may vary.
Here’s an interesting fact I forgot to mention: This is the first podcast that I produced and edited entirely in Audacity. I would like to take a moment to thank the Audacity team for building an application that lets people like me produce a podcast. Without FOSS software, I would have to spend hundreds or even thousands of dollars on sound-editing software, and needless to say, this podcast (and many others out there) simply wouldn’t exist. So thank you for all your hard work and dedication.
- “ghosttown” by Yes i am (MySpace)
- “everybody lies” by math and physics club (website Facebook MySpace)
- “First Dibs on Last Chances” by A Step Behind (website)
- “Out of Towners” by Saint Dragon (website)
- “Ghost of York” by As Tall As Lions (website Facebook Twitter)
- “Friday Nights” by Kids Fly Free (MySpace)
- Jamendo: www.jamendo.com
- Music Alley: www.musicalley.com
- Free Music Archive: www.freemusicarchive.org
There you have it. Now click that “play” button!
Looking for part 2? Here it is: Part 2.
Sorry that I didn’t have time to include album covers, but you’ve seen them before. To make up for it, here’s a random picture from the internets of Chewbacca riding a giant squirrel and fighting Nazis:
Unfortunately, that crossbow is obviously Photoshopped.© 2017 Kenneth John OdlePermalink for this article: